If there is a potential GFI issue, here is a test to try:
- In Fans Only position plug the unit into an outlet or extension cord that bypasses any GFI.
- If unit runs, then switch unit to heater position.
- Leave to run about 1 hour then plug unit into regular wall outlet with GFI.
- If unit runs in non GFI outlet and not Regular GFI outlet, then problem may be with GFI.
- If unit blows fuse in non GFI outlet, then problem may be with unit.
Try this and let us know results.
Is unit plugged into a surge protect?
Did you find this article helpful?